Volunteering will help preserve history for the next generation. By becoming a volunteer you become part of the museum’s story.
If you are able to help, at any time, please consider letting us know what support you can provide, the types of volunteer opportunities that we are very grateful for are:
- Fund raising, organising raising events such as the Open Gardens Day, Barn Dance, quizzes etc.
- Garden Maintenance, including weeding, pruning, mowing, strimming etc. We usually meet on a Saturday from 10 am to 12 noon.
- Care of Museum artefacts involving sewing, repairing, framing, displays etc.
- Cleaning on occasions when the premises require it, particularly in March before opening for the season.
- Building maintenance such as carpentry or woodwork / painting and decorating.
- Staffing Museum and Cottage as a volunteer steward on the duty roster covering the Cottage and Museum openings: two hours on Sunday and Wednesday afternoons during the summer. A committee member will always be on duty at the Museum.
- Catering such as serving refreshments at meetings/events; cooking/baking when providing refreshments; assist with organising/preparing refreshments for events.
- Support with Information technology using computer skills for producing posters, signs, notices, tickets etc.
At no time will your personal information be passed to other organisations for marketing or sales purposes. How we use your information: Wollaston Heritage Society collects information for the purposes of administration and management of its charity services. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you are advised that the information submitted on this form will be used for this purpose.